Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS services

HI to all,

well I am facing a very critical problem, Let me explain the situattion first.

We are managing two applications , One is using Microsoft Sql Server (Desktop application )and the other one is using the MYsql(Web application ).

Both applications are for the same business, having exactly the same database. Now we have to keep two different Data servers as we don't want to Re-code.

Is there any way that our both servers are sychonised. I mean Can we have a solution that the Copy of the data entered in the Mysql can be tranferred to the SQLserver and vice versa.

I guess the SQL server DTS (data transforming services) can help but i am not sure will it be possible.

THx and regards.In Books Online, you should look at Synchronization. That said, I am not sure how (or if) two way synchronization is possible with heterogenous databases (db's from 2 different vendors).

No comments:

Post a Comment