Sunday, March 25, 2012

DTS problem, please help!

I have yet another weired problem for which I have no answer.

I have a DTS process setup that needs to fireup at night, which uploads data from text file into upload table.
It runs perfact.

The problem started when I tried to schedule it and then reschedule it for another timeperiod.

I reschduled this process for about 3 times for different timeperiod. Meaning I had originally set it to fire at 1:00 am then later changed to 2:00 and then to 3:00.

Technically, it should overwrite the last schedule time and fire at the new scheduled time, ie. 3:00 am daily.

But somehow DTS is keeping the history of all the previous scheduled times and is now firing at 1:00 am, 2:00 am and also at 3:00 am.

I also looked at the Versions option in that DTS process's right click menu and removed all, but the latest version. But still the same behaviour.

Any help on this is much appreciated.

Many Thanks!Did you actually change the SQL Agent job or did you just right-click the DTS package and schedule it? Check the jobs in SQL Agent to see if there are three of them in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment