Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS QUERY AND HELP

I’ve not had much experience with DTS packages before.I am using SQL Server 2000 and I have a table I wish to update.I have a spreadsheet with the updated records – this does not include all records and does not include all columns within the table,

I just wanted to know if it is still possible to update certain fields without having to include all the records and all the columns e.g.

Table 1

IDNAMESURNAME

1TEDSMITH

2FREDPERRY

3JOEYOUNG

Spreadsheet

IDSURNAME

2CASH

3WILLIS

Result

IDNAMESURNAME

1TEDSMITH

2FREDCASH

3JOEYOUNG

And the million-dollar question – please could you provide the steps to do this?

Take a look at the Data Driven Query Component|||

Can anyone provide any more information on this for me?

Thanks

|||If you need th enext level of help thn its probably best to move this thread to the SSIS forum|||

Look for "Building a Data Driven Query" in SQL Server 2000 Book Online, also found here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa933507(sql.80).aspx

You'll want to follow the first example: "In the first example, every source row leads to the update of a destination row. Only one query type, an Update query, is used."

sqlsql

No comments:

Post a Comment