Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS schedult problem

I created a DTS package to transfer a table to a text file. Every time when
I click start manually, it'll run and transfer the data to a local txt file
with no problem. But when I schedule this DTS package and run it from the
SQL Agent - Jobs. It always fail to run. I don't know why. Anybody can help
me?|
| I created a DTS package to transfer a table to a text file. Every time
when
| I click start manually, it'll run and transfer the data to a local txt
file
| with no problem. But when I schedule this DTS package and run it from the
| SQL Agent - Jobs. It always fail to run. I don't know why. Anybody can
help
| me?
--
We need more information to help you. What errors are returned when the job
fails? Post it and we'll give it a shot.
Thanks,
--
Eric Cardenas
SQL Server support|||JL
I think that you cerated DTS package on the workstation not on the server ,
then SQL Agent on your wokstation is running under differnent account than
server.
Check it out.
"JL" <ljmagzine@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eGGt1AgvDHA.2304@.TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I created a DTS package to transfer a table to a text file. Every time
when
> I click start manually, it'll run and transfer the data to a local txt
file
> with no problem. But when I schedule this DTS package and run it from the
> SQL Agent - Jobs. It always fail to run. I don't know why. Anybody can
help
> me?
>|||VXJpIGlzIGNvcnJlY3QuICBJIHJhbiBpbnRvIHRoaXMgcHJvYmxlbSBhbmQgaXQgaGFkIG1lIHN0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No comments:

Post a Comment