Thursday, March 29, 2012

DTS runs OK, but not scheduled job

Hi,
When I run DTS manually, it works fine. But when I run the scheduled job, it
failes.
The error said cannot find a file specified. It imports Excel file to
SQL2000 Server database. I set same domain user id for DTS creater and Agent
executer and job owner.
I read several articles same problem like this, but I haven't get solution...
--
Thank you,Masako
Where is located the EXCEL File?
It should be located on server and not on the your workstation.
"Masako" <Masako@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:949CB8A5-FC52-4D2D-9208-F8FD750EE40C@.microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> When I run DTS manually, it works fine. But when I run the scheduled job,
it
> failes.
> The error said cannot find a file specified. It imports Excel file to
> SQL2000 Server database. I set same domain user id for DTS creater and
Agent
> executer and job owner.
> I read several articles same problem like this, but I haven't get
solution...
> --
> Thank you,|||Hi Uri,
Does it have to? The Excel file is located on another server.
I had no problem like this job flow previous SQL Server. We used to Windows
NT server + SQL7, now new server is Windows2000 english version + SQL2000
Japanese version.
"Uri Dimant" wrote:
> Masako
> Where is located the EXCEL File?
> It should be located on server and not on the your workstation.
>
> "Masako" <Masako@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:949CB8A5-FC52-4D2D-9208-F8FD750EE40C@.microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > When I run DTS manually, it works fine. But when I run the scheduled job,
> it
> > failes.
> > The error said cannot find a file specified. It imports Excel file to
> > SQL2000 Server database. I set same domain user id for DTS creater and
> Agent
> > executer and job owner.
> >
> > I read several articles same problem like this, but I haven't get
> solution...
> >
> > --
> > Thank you,
>
>|||Maskao
Make sure that SQL Server Agent is running under Domain Account not a Local
account.
"Masako" <Masako@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CC48C0DC-A9F9-4E3A-8277-F6C55BF6C588@.microsoft.com...
> Hi Uri,
> Does it have to? The Excel file is located on another server.
> I had no problem like this job flow previous SQL Server. We used to
Windows
> NT server + SQL7, now new server is Windows2000 english version + SQL2000
> Japanese version.
> "Uri Dimant" wrote:
> > Masako
> > Where is located the EXCEL File?
> > It should be located on server and not on the your workstation.
> >
> >
> > "Masako" <Masako@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:949CB8A5-FC52-4D2D-9208-F8FD750EE40C@.microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > When I run DTS manually, it works fine. But when I run the scheduled
job,
> > it
> > > failes.
> > > The error said cannot find a file specified. It imports Excel file to
> > > SQL2000 Server database. I set same domain user id for DTS creater and
> > Agent
> > > executer and job owner.
> > >
> > > I read several articles same problem like this, but I haven't get
> > solution...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Thank you,
> >
> >
> >

No comments:

Post a Comment