Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS Restore from a file

We have a production server and a bunch of development servers. The
Production server is located in a NOC (Network Operations Center)
facility and is physically unaccessible on a regular basis. There are
DTS packages on the production server which we'd like to pull down to
our Dev servers.

I was able to save the DTS package to a file and downloaded it to our
Dev Servers. But how in the world do I restore it?? I'm a fairly
technical guy and for the life of me, I'm not able to figure this one
out! How do I restore the DTS package which has been stored into a
..dts file?

Please help.

Thank you in advance,

-Umar.I think what you want to know is this:

Right-click on the "Data Transformation Services" FOLDER icon and select
"Open Package..." from the options. This brings up a dialog box to hunt for
your DTS file(s).

"Umar Farooq" <UmarAlFarooq@.gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1110475810.551932.46600@.f14g2000cwb.googlegro ups.com...
> We have a production server and a bunch of development servers. The
> Production server is located in a NOC (Network Operations Center)
> facility and is physically unaccessible on a regular basis. There are
> DTS packages on the production server which we'd like to pull down to
> our Dev servers.
> I was able to save the DTS package to a file and downloaded it to our
> Dev Servers. But how in the world do I restore it?? I'm a fairly
> technical guy and for the life of me, I'm not able to figure this one
> out! How do I restore the DTS package which has been stored into a
> .dts file?
> Please help.
> Thank you in advance,
> -Umar.

No comments:

Post a Comment