Tuesday, March 27, 2012

DTS question

I have a dts package which I built which I will call Package1. Package1
imports data from an excel spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. The only thing
that changes about Package1 is the excel input file name. How can I call th
e
package from VB .Net and feed the new excel file name into the call from VB
.Net?
Thanks.
ArcherSee if this helps, look for "Using Connections":
Working with files and the FileSystemObject
http://www.sqldts.com/default.aspx?292
AMB
"bagman3rd" wrote:

> I have a dts package which I built which I will call Package1. Package1
> imports data from an excel spreadsheet into SQL Server 2000. The only thi
ng
> that changes about Package1 is the excel input file name. How can I call
the
> package from VB .Net and feed the new excel file name into the call from V
B
> .Net?
> Thanks.
> Archer

No comments:

Post a Comment